Standard Sculpture now seeking a Production Manager.
The Production manager is responsible for creating, maintaining and executing production plans, schedules, and budgets to meet project specifications. This includes developing schedules based on estimates and ultimately using reporting software to track effort and materials in relation to established budgets. This person will troubleshoot day to day allocation of equipment, people and materials as well as technical issues pertaining to the fabrication of artwork. Solid knowledge of and familiarity with a wide range of fabrication and finishing processes used in the production of artworks is highly desired. This person will directly manage supervise and train personnel according to company policies and procedures. This person must be familiar with OSHA requirements and ensure that health and safety policies are practiced at all times. Needs excellent communication skills. We are looking for someone who can be a team leader, who can work collaboratively with the owner of the company to create a positive and productive work environment. This position requires strong leadership skills and abilities.
Standard Sculpture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
Salary BOE. Includes Benefits Package.
- Lead the hiring process for paint and fabrication personnel; interviewing and training
- Directly manage fabrication and paint personnel
- Oversee quality and implementing corrective actions
- Manage interdepartmental communications.
- Serve as as primary contact with internal and external production teams.
- Manage communication and documentation of any issues, changes that impact the projects in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain high level working standards for quality at all times
- Additional responsibilities as required by management
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Solution oriented thinking
- Minimum of five years experience managing high end metal fabrication and finishing
- Experience supervising five or more employees
- Strong foundation in Project Management
- Strong foundation in mechanical and structural engineering
- Strong understanding of architectural drawings, build materials, hardware, finishes and fabrication techniques
- Experience in direct client interaction
- Strong understanding of fabrication materials & techniques
- Work quickly and accurately while communicating / solving problems with large teams
- Knowledge of HR, wage and hourly law
- Oversight of fabrication and paint personnel
- Strategize best approaches to successfully execute projects
- Work with others to ensure quality outcomes and accurate estimates
- Review and approve project effort estimates to be used in proposals
- Maintain shop safety standards
- HR oversight
- Conduct employee performance evaluations
- Work with management to set direction and long term shop strategy
- Review project successes and failures with paint and fabrication personnel
- Reward teams / individuals for exceptional work
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org