Otis College of Art and Design seeks applications for a full-time faculty appointment serving both the Communication Arts Department and MFA Graphic Design Department. This position requires teaching effectiveness in research, writing, critical theory, and studio development. Areas of expertise could include environmental graphics, community engagement, branding, user experience, and/or new technologies. The successful candidate will have proven professional accomplishments of national/international scope. Initial placement in rank is recommended by the department Chair and requires review and approval of the Chair of the Rank & Promotion Committee and the Provost. The College does not grant faculty tenure; this is a renewable full‐time faculty appointment subject to annual renewal based on a performance review. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2019. This position reports to the Chair of both programs.
- Teaches an average of 18 contact hours per week or 36 contact hours each year across three semesters, including summer.
- Provides 6 hours on average per week in service to the department(s) and/or the College (i.e., serving on college‐wide committees, attending faculty meetings, semester assessments) as assigned by the Chair.
- Demonstrates an interest and ability to work creatively and effectively with a diverse student body and be part of a team of professional artists/designers/educators.
- Experience in writing design curriculum, especially new technologies and interactive experience design, is ideal.
- College committee participation is required.
MFA in Design or a related field required. Candidate must have evidence of at least 5 years college-level teaching experience in higher education Design in an accredited College.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.