SPRÜTH MAGERS is looking to hire a Gallery Associate:
The Gallery Associate provides support to all members of the gallery staff, primarily to the Directors of the Gallery, while seated at the front desk.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic team member who is keen to learn and to commit to working intimately with a small dynamic team. Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail-oriented and capable of prioritizing and executing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Mature, reliable, punctual, and a positive attitude with great interpersonal skills.
This position requires the applicant to be interested in developing a career in sales and will be required to offer sales support in addition to the general administrative duties of the gallery. This will involve helping to generate sales offers, artwork portfolios, sales emails for exhibition and artfair previews, and any other sales requirements from the Directorial team.
Education: Degree in Art History with a focus on twentieth century to contemporary art, preferred. Computer Skills: MS Office Suite, Filemaker inventory systems, Photo-shop.
Experience: 2 years of experience in a gallery, preferred.
Required: Must be available for gallery installations, openings, and other events as needed, which may take place over weekends or fall outside normal gallery hours.
- Greets visitors, acknowledges and recognizes clients, press, curators, artists;
- Shares knowledge of the gallery with visitors, including its programs and artists;
- Manage all client calls and visits, informing Sales Directors of arrivals into Gallery, maintain and manage gallery attendance list and sign in books.
- Open and ensures gallery is exhibition ready;
- Handles all supply orders;
- Oversee and help field IT questions and issues with external IT provider;
- Update contacts in database coordinating with team in Europe;
- Manages flow of visitors during exhibitions, and maintains group tour calendar;
- Available for all gallery special events: check-in guests etc;
- Create and maintain exhibition and back of house checklists;
- Manages inventory of gallery publications and orders new books when necessary and manage Gallery library;
- Update and manage Events calendar and gallery schedule;
How to Apply
Please send CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org