The Broad is seeking a creative, driven and experienced Marketing and Social Media Manager (MSMM) to develop and execute innovative marketing and social media strategies designed to achieve core objectives including: meeting and exceeding general admission attendance, exhibition and public programming attendance and revenue goals; increasing awareness of The Broad; and effectively engaging and communicating with The Broad’s large and diverse audience. The MSMM will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications (DMC) to support The Broad’s marketing and communications efforts, including social media (paid and organic), traditional advertising, digital marketing (including management and support of The Broad’s website and ticketing platform), email marketing, sponsorships and other marketing initiatives. This is a high-profile role at The Broad that requires the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, exceptional attention to detail, and an “outside the box” approach to establishing an exciting and enduring brand identity for the museum as a welcoming, inclusive and premier cultural destination on local, national and global levels.
Social Media and Content Creation
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative social media strategies that build on awareness of The Broad and ultimately, drive ticket sales and free general advance reservations
- Monitor daily execution of social media content (i.e. scheduling posts, liking photos, tweeting, sharing, increasing social outreach, etc.)
- Write all social media copy, consistently delivering on-brand voice posts that are 100% error-free across all social platforms
- Create impactful and compelling social media content and video content that engages and educates The Broad’s audience, working closely with key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage social media KPIs and produce monthly recaps, optimizing performance of specific tactics against plan goals
- Monitor for brand mentions across all social media channels. Identify and engage with posts that provide an opportunity to positively impact brand reputation and work with Visitor Services to respond to questions in a timely manner
- Manage photography and videography for the museum, including hiring and supervising photographers, videographers, producers and editors
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools and best practices, identifying ways for The Broad to be at the forefront of social media trends
- Continue to grow and manage the museum’s relationships with social media influencers
Marketing and Advertising
- Assist with the development of and implementation of integrated marketing and communications plans designed to refine and strengthen the museum’s brand identity, drive attendance and revenue, and maximize awareness of and audience for the museum, its exhibitions and its public programs
- Assist with the planning of and implementation of digital marketing campaigns including paid social media, display advertising and SEO/SEM
- Work with external digital agency to manage, execute and monitor digital campaigns, providing strategic guidance to drive results and ensure goals are met or exceeded
- Develop creative concepts and write copy for marketing and advertising collateral such as The Broad’s general information brochure and other museum print collateral, OOH advertising, print advertising, radio ads, paid social media ads, display advertising, email newsletters, etc.
- Ensure that The Broad’s brand identity and voice are consistent across all channels
- Set and oversee project timelines for the design and production of advertising and marketing materials, ensuring projects remain on track to meet deadlines
- Manage day-to-day communications and operations with internal stakeholders, external agencies and vendors regarding project timelines, files, specs, production issues, etc.
- Manage and update all onsite signage and marketing/collateral
- Provide exceptional attention to detail as the final marketing eye on all marketing and advertising creatives and assets: ensure copy is 100% correct, images are clear, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on art world and museum industry news, trends and influencers
- Maintain image, video and digital asset archives, utilizing The Broad’s DAM to tag, organize and manage assets
- Develop and manage The Broad’s email marketing calendar
- Write, design, test and schedule emails, collaborating with Curatorial, Audience Engagement, Visitor Services, Retail, IT and design agency to develop and produce email newsletters
- Manage visitor email communications such as pre-visit emails
- Develop and manage transactional/triggered email campaigns (such as a welcome series, re-engagement campaign, etc.)
- Optimize email performance via A/B and split tests
- Analyze email performance data to better understand The Broad’s audience, improve email marketing KPIs and make actionable recommendations that will optimize email performance
- Manage email marketing KPIs and produce monthly recaps
Apply by July 8, 2019. Click here to see the listing and full requirements.