Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA) seeks a full-time Registrar to join the auction house. The ideal candidate is highly organized with great attention to detail. LAMA is the leading auction house on the West Coast for modern and contemporary fine art and design, and candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity working environment.
The Registrar executes the logistics of incoming and outgoing property from the auction house and manages LAMA’s inventory database. The role works closely with the Client Services and Specialist Departments to successfully coordinate each consignment to the auction house.
- Serve as primary liaison with third parties regarding incoming and outgoing property
- Inventory and organize physical property at LAMA
- Manage database containing consignment and inventory data
- Assemble and present incoming consignment information to relevant staff
- Generate condition reports with the specialist department
- Coordinate conservation work with vendors
- Minimum 2 years of applicable experience
- Excellent organizational and inventory management skills
- Acute attention to detail with a high-volume of tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a high-volume of email correspondence
- Effective performance under accelerated deadlines and shifting priorities
- Must possess personal ownership and accountability for projects, goals, and outcomes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is necessary; knowledge of FileMaker Pro is an advantage
- Auction house or other art business experience is an advantage, but not required
Modern Auctions, Inc., is an equal employment opportunity corporation. After 30 days of employment, employees may elect to join a company sponsored health and dental plan. LAMA also offers a 401(k) Profit Share plan for the exclusive benefit of all eligible employees. Salary compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Carolina Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line including “Registrar Application”. Please no phone calls.