Sorry, Raw Materials Art Supplies is not currently hiring sales associates.
Sales Associates represent the store to the public and the local artistic community and are expected to handle all customer interactions in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Ideal candidates are well-rounded individuals interested in art, sales, and education as well as providing our customers with helpful product knowledge, outstanding customer service, and presenting a clean, safe and well-maintained store environment. Associates assist the manager in day-to-day activities of the store and will spend a large percentage of time interacting with customers on the retail floor.
Qualified candidates will have a background in art, experience in retail sales, a general business background, a high school degree or equivalent, and the ability to multi-task.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about art materials; willing and able to inspire customers in use of product, encourage additional purchases, and gain trial of new and signature products.
- Prior experience in retail and/or hands-on knowledge of art and art materials.
- Proficient in basic math skills in order to perform cashiering functions.
- Well-organized, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- General inventory control: restock and label all products, ensure accuracy of shelf labels, manage special orders and promotional products, process online orders, block and face all sections, and ensure an overall customer-friendly presentation.
- Assist with merchandise set ups, creation of promotional signage, and general marketing/merchandising activities.
- Ensure compliance to all loss prevention measures, company policies, procedures, and operational controls.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule of up to 30 hours per week, including weekends.
- Must be able to complete and maintain paperwork.
- Willing and able to lift & carry up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged walking, standing, kneeling, and climbing ladders.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and successfully pass background check.
If you would like to submit a resume for consideration, send it to jobs@rawmaterialsLA.com. Please include information about what hours you would be available to work.