Raw Materials Art Supplies is currently hiring sales associates.
Sales Associates represent the store to the public and the local artistic community and are expected to handle all customer interactions in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Ideal candidates are well-rounded individuals interested in art, sales, and education as well as providing our customers with helpful product knowledge, outstanding customer service, and presenting a clean, safe and well-maintained store environment. Associates assist the manager in day-to-day activities of the store and will spend a large percentage of time interacting with customers on the retail floor..
Qualified candidates will have a background in art and art materials, experience in speciality retail sales, a high school degree or equivalent, and the ability to multi-task.
Primary Job Duties
- Inspire customers in use of product, encourage additional purchases, and gain trial of new and signature products.
- General inventory control: restock and label all products, ensure accuracy of shelf labels, manage special orders and promotional products, process online orders, block and face all sections, and ensure an overall customer-friendly presentation.
- Assist with merchandise setups, creation of promotional signage, and general marketing/merchandising activities.
- Ensure compliance with all loss prevention measures, company policies, procedures, and operational controls.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule of up to 30 hours per week, including weekends.
- Must be able to complete and maintain paperwork.
- Willing and able to lift & carry up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged walking, standing, kneeling, and climbing ladders.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and successfully pass a background check.
If you would like to apply for consideration, you can apply online at Indeed.com.