Raw Materials Art Supplies is not currently hiring sales associates, but you can submit a resume for us to keep on file if a position does open up.
Sales Associates represent the store to the public and the local artistic community and are expected to handle all customer interactions in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Ideal candidates are well-rounded individuals interested in art, sales, and education as well as providing our customers with helpful product knowledge, outstanding customer service, and presenting a clean, safe and well-maintained store environment. Associates assist the manager in day-to-day activities of the store and will spend a large percentage of time interacting with customers on the retail floor.
Qualified candidates will have a background in art, experience in retail sales, a general business background, a high school degree or equivalent, and the ability to multi-task.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about art materials; willing and able to inspire customers in use of product, encourage additional purchases, and gain trial of new and signature products.
- Prior experience in retail and/or hands-on knowledge of art and art materials.
- Proficient in basic math skills in order to perform cashiering functions.
- Well-organized, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- General inventory control: restock and label all products, ensure accuracy of shelf labels, manage special orders and promotional products, process online orders, block and face all sections, and ensure an overall customer-friendly presentation.
- Assist with merchandise set ups, creation of promotional signage, and general marketing/merchandising activities.
- Ensure compliance to all loss prevention measures, company policies, procedures, and operational controls.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule of up to 30 hours per week, including weekends.
- Must be able to complete and maintain paperwork.
- Willing and able to lift & carry up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged walking, standing, kneeling, and climbing ladders.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and successfully pass background check.
If you would like to submit a resume for consideration, send it to jobs@rawmaterialsLA.com. Please include information about what hours you would be available to work.